PDA

View Full Version : eyelid surgery

Minnie
Jul 25, 2006, 03:30 PM
I'm new here. I have primary LE in my left leg. Began at age 35 as a non-painful bulge at the top of my leg. Would come and go for months at a time, for 5 years, until my entire leg swelled completely and then I finally found out what I had. That's my story in a nutshell.

I am now 47, and I have had a soft bump under my right eye for about 6 years. A few people have pointed it out, and I have become self-conscious about it (at least my leg can be hidden under pants). Apparently, the only way to remove it is through eyelid (cosmetic) surgery. Needless to say, if I'm going to go through with this, I'm considering having eyelid surgery on all 4 lids, since I am getting the aging sags.

But I am scared that my lymphedema will appear in my face (eyelids) and I will forever regret my choice. This summer, I also have allergic conjunctivitis, which I think is making me feel and look older and more tired than I should, though my primary doctor and eye doctor told me not to worry about the surgery.

What would you do?