LymphNotes.com  

Go Back   Lymph Notes Forums > Lymph Notes books > Living Well With Lymphedema, the book

Living Well With Lymphedema, the book Area to discuss Living Well With Lymphedema, a Lymph Notes book.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:51 PM

This is a Necessary Book

This is the book I wish I'd had years ago when I got lymphedema - what a fantastic resource.

I love the positive approach and I'm recommending it to my friends, my lymphedema therapist, and to my MD!

Linda
Old Jul 1, 2005, 09:55 AM

Oh my goodness, Linda--what a great idea! One for the onc's office (required reading for the nurses and the folks who deal with referrals for therapy!) and one for the surgeon (huh? lymphedema? what lymphedema?). Neat, practical gift to both show them my appreciation for all their care and also offer them some education to fill in the gaps in their knowledge . Thanks for the tip!
Cassie
P.S.--I've submitted a request to my library to order a copy. I remember when I was first dealing with this and was casting all over looking for information--how hard it was. Hoping others will have it available at the library.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 06:14 AM

Congratulations on an excellent book. Not only is it full of information, itís also more of a reference volume than anything else Iíve seen for lymphedema patients. The sort of book you can pick up off the shelf to look up and review one thing. I especially appreciate all the information on self-massage. Itís easy to forget little bits and pieces of what your therapist may have said months ago, and having that material in print helps bring back all the pertinent parts. Also the illustrations on how the lymphatic system works are great to have handy.

Thanks so much for this book.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:29 AM

I just ordered this book and am now anxiously awaiting its arrival after hearing your comments. I too wish I had had a good resource 20 years ago when I first started to deal with lymphedema, and I'm just thrilled that there is more and more information out there!

Lisa