LymphNotes.com  

Go Back   Lymph Notes Forums > Lymph Notes books > Living Well With Lymphedema, the book

Living Well With Lymphedema, the book Area to discuss Living Well With Lymphedema, a Lymph Notes book.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:30 PM

THE Book, a disappointment

I have done alot of research on lymphedema since I got it over a year ago. This book does not tell me much I do not already know, the fact that the pump, that my insurance company paid 6500 bucks for is useless in lymphedema treatment, good news, I do not use it anymore, hate the way it makes me feel.
I was really disappointed in the exercise chapter, hoping to find some way that I could do MLD to help my swelling. It shows very little about how to do the mld, I do wear my compression hose pretty good most of the time and fel that helps. It does hit you emotionally, and I found this part helpful, i go to a therapist who has ms and she keeps me in perspective. I'm thinking about giving the book to my vascular doc and see if he would read it, He was interested in that I knew alot about my disease.

All in all, it is a good resource, but it is coming from one view on how to treat lymphedema
Jim