LymphNotes.com  

Go Back   Lymph Notes Forums > Lymphedema Information > Self-Care for Lymphedema

Self-Care for Lymphedema Eat Drink and Be Healthy, Exercise, Aquatic Therapy, Journaling: Writing Your Way to Better Health, Preventive Foot Care, Self-Massage, plus Skin Care and Lymphedema. View articles.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Mar 9, 2007, 04:25 PM

Looking for Velcro Compression Wrap info.

I had seen lower leg velcro wraps when they first were being invented a number of years ago.

My legs - lower extemity bilaterial primary lymphedema is getting worse and the stockings were NOT the ticket.

So -- I am looking for full length toe to thigh compression wraps that velcro connect. I have seen the Farrow site but only saw the knee high version.

Thanks. Heavy legs in Montana
Old Mar 10, 2007, 04:36 AM

Compression Wrap

Hi James,

I think the recommended routine is compression hose during the day (while active) and either wrapping or a compression garment at night. There are many full length options such as Reidsleeve (which has Velcro) or JoviPak. I noticed there are also some newer brands listed in the resource directory on this website -- and you might want to check them out or ask your therapist about them.

Good luck in finding something that works well for you.

Barry
Old Mar 10, 2007, 04:57 AM

I have done the MLD and the wrappings (by hand) -- that's why I am looking for the full leg length one piece light weight wrap with velcro closure. I have seen them on the internet but did NOT see a source.

Jim
Old Mar 10, 2007, 05:38 AM

Resources

Most of the vendors will sell directly to you. Others only sell through lymphedema therapists. There is an advantage in ordering from through a therapist because then you are certain that the measurements are right. (Otherwise it is tough to do your own measurements.)

This website has some online videos that might be helpful to you http://www.reidsleeve.com/onlinevids.htm

Barry

Last edited by Barry; Mar 10, 2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:33 AM

Leg Reid Garment for men

James, I know of a family who has a Reid Garment that their son wore. They would like for someone to be able to use it. It is the full-length Reid garment. He was about 6 feet tall, and I would imagine that you would need to be near his size for it to fit. They are custom-fitted... but you never know. It's possible that it would fit someone else. It's a shame for the item to go to waste. They spent a lot of money on it. If you'd like their contact info, just go into my profile and e-mail me.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:21 AM
Lymph Notes Team

More Resources

You might try looking at the web sites for Farrow wrap [www.FarrowMedical.com], CircAid, or JoVi Pak.

Ann
Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks to all who haved replied.

There are no certified therapists in the area. Despite my efforts to encourage the hospital, clinics, doctors or even the various therapists to pursue such training, it has been to no avail.

As to the Reid sleeve from the young man, my left leg is 32" in circumference, the ankle is 19" around....pretty good sized.

And now the heat rash begins...oh bother.

Keep in touch.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:35 PM

Re: Looking for Velcro Compression Wrap info.

Quote:
Originally posted by jAMES E MARSH
I had seen lower leg velcro wraps when they first were being invented a number of years ago.

My legs - lower extemity bilaterial primary lymphedema is getting worse and the stockings were NOT the ticket.

So -- I am looking for full length toe to thigh compression wraps that velcro connect. I have seen the Farrow site but only saw the knee high version.

Thanks. Heavy legs in Montana
Hello James,

Try the LegAssist by Compression Designs. You can see it at URL http://www.compressiondesign.com/products.html
Old Jan 6, 2010, 09:48 AM

velcro compression wraps

I have the farrow wraps for my bilateral LE lymphedema, had to get them through my therapist, but that was because I needed custom made garments. If you can wear regular sizes you might be able to order directly from them. Good luck!