Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema
by Elizabeth McMahon, PhD
This book will help you:
- Understand the emotional challenges of lymphedema
- Overcome these challenges and avoid common pitfalls
- Recognize problems and know where to go for help
- Communicate effectively with family, friends, coworkers, and health care professionals
- Set and prioritize your goals
- Identify where you are in the process of changing
- Choose specific actions for reaching your goals
- Monitor your progress and maintain your gains
- Learn the ten signs of good coping and six warning signs of ineffective coping
This Book is a comprehensive guide for:
- People with lymphedema
- Friends and family
- Parents of children with lymphedema
- Health care professionals
Buy now in paperback from Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, or Barnes and Noble (ISBN 978-0-9764806-7-9) or see Ordering Information for other options.
For more information see:
- About the Author
Elizabeth McMahon, PhD is a clinical psychologist with more than 25 years of experience and a popular speaker at lymphedema meetings.
Advance praise for Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema.
- Doody's Review
by: Marilyn Sample, MS (Indiana State University)
Weighted Numerical Score: 88 - 3 Stars
- Library Journal Review
by Beth Hill of the University of Idaho Library appeared in the Oct. 15, 2005 issue.
- Lymph Link Review
From Lymph Link, the NLN newsletter, April 2006
This book is a hands-on guide that is intended not just for patients who have lymphedema, but also for family and friends, parents who have children with lymphedema, medical professionals, and psychotherapists. This book is an excellent resource that will give us all tools we can use to bridge the gap between the physical and emotional- and truly treat the “whole person.”
- Table of Contents
Got a question or comment? Go to the
Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema, the book forum.
Lymph Notes Forums
Not registered yet? Sign up now!
Members: 65,016, Threads: 787, Posts: 3,461
Our newest member is MichealAwaib.
Registered user? Log in here: